How to troubleshoot “No Passings” in timing application
This tutorial explains how to troubleshoot the timing application when you have an active race and the passings are not showing in the software. The steps below point out what to do and where to look to resolve this situation.
What to check, How to know and solve it
1. Check if the timing application is running as ‘Primary’ Pit(Master pit). This is indicated at the bottom right corner of the timing application.
NB: You cannot have multiple ‘Primary’ Pit(Master pit) applications running at the same time. If this is the case, close one ‘Primary’ Pit(Master pit) application or contact our Support to deactivate it.
2. Check if the fast reader and fast bridge are running. There are two icons ‘glass’ and ‘bridge’ at the bottom of the timing application. These icons should be stable green. If one or both is in red, this means that they are not running. Click on the red icons(reader and bridge) to restart them. Once restarted, they will turn green and then passings should register in the timing again.
3. Make sure the IP address in the decoder screen is the same as in the timing.
4- Add the decoder in the correct resource, go to activities >>resources>>tracks>> karting structure
4-Restart the decoder,
5. Pass the transponder in front of the loop, there is a line in decoder screen, check if it is blinking when there is passing.
6- Execute locally in service host the Bridge and the reader:
6. Check if the loop and decoder are intact. You can also check this by doing a test passing. Once you pass the loop, there should a black line on the screen of the decoder. If this is the case, kindly contact our support for further assistance.